An energy audit is the first step to good energy management; you can assess your current performance and use this information to reduce consumption and costs, while meeting energy and environmental obligations. A typical energy audit will identify around 15-20 % savings, often through simple opportunities that can be implemented at no or low cost. On-site energy surveys generally include:
- Air conditioning plants
- Space heating systems
- Mechanical ventilation plants
- Domestic hot water systems
- Electrical equipment
- Distribution systems
- Building fabric
- Commercial catering facilities
- Leisure facilities
- Chiller/cold storage plants
THE PROCESS: WHAT WE DELIVER
We carry out comprehensive energy surveys and audits to assess the feasibility of energy efficiency measures and renewable energy technologies. Our service offering covers:
- ESOS energy surveys – tailored to the requirements of the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme/Article 8 of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive
- Walk around surveys – identifying opportunities and providing a high level analysis
- Budget-cost surveys – outlining opportunities and detailing budget requirements for action
- Investment-grade surveys – identifying opportunities and providing investment advice
To ensure consistent quality and reporting, all our energy surveys are produced using the methodology outlined by EN16247-1. This defines the attributes of a good quality energy audit, from clarifying the best approach in terms of scope, aims and thoroughness, to ensuring clarity and transparency of reporting. By adopting this principle for every audit – regardless of whether it is for a building, method of transportation, or industrial process – we can agree the scope and methodology in advance, tailoring it to your organisation’s needs.
A typical energy survey report includes
- An executive summary
- A graphical review of your recent energy consumption
- An energy management web, reviewing internal energy policy and staff awareness
- A list of housekeeping measures to address energy efficiency
Energy saving recommendations includes
- The likely cost of implementation
- Achievable financial and energy savings
- Thermal images and photographs to clearly identify opportunities
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR YOUR COMPANY?
- Expert advice from our whole team, not just one individual
- A dedicated account manager so you always have a single point of contact
- A wealth of in-house knowledge, owing to the 500+ surveys we carry-out each year
- With a number of CIBSE Low Carbon Consultants in the team we are able to identify and report on a range of projects from simple electrical lighting specifications to complex mechanical production line specification
- Access to CO2Manager to view proposed projects and associated costs and savings
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NEXT?
Call us to discuss your requirements or arrange a visit from one of our experienced team. We can talk you through your exact needs and goals, and develop an energy survey plan to meet your business needs.
A: This service is focused on carrying out site based energy surveys/audits, with the aim of identifying projects that could be implemented to save energy and money
Q: What are the benefits of this service?
A: Energise will come to your site(s) and identify energy saving measures that could be implemented. A report identifying the measures with each project written up as a business case, will then be provided.
Q: What can I expect to save by implementing this service?
A: This is really dependent upon how far down the ‘energy saving road’ you are as a company. However as a headline figure, we rarely go to a site and identify less than 10% savings overall.