ISO 50001:2011 is a standard for the establishment, implementation, maintenance and improvement of energy management systems. It enables organisations to continually improve their energy performance using a systematic approach to managing their energy efficiency, security and consumption. Organisations that have 100 % of their UK energy use covered by an ISO 50001 Energy Management System are exempt from all other compliance routes under the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS).
ISO 50001 certification can help companies to reduce their energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions, cutting overheads and enhancing their reputation.
THE PROCESS: WHAT WE DELIVER
Our ISO 50001 Implementation Service ensures you are ready for certification. With several members of the Energise team accredited as ISO 50001 Lead Auditors, we can assist you in the development, implementation and internal audit of your ISO 50001 Energy Management System, ready for certification. Our service provides the following:
- Planning – A full energy review to establish baseline energy use. This data is then used to identify key performance indicators, objectives and targets, and action plans for achieving them.
- Implementation – Working in close partnership with you to roll out the energy management action plans across your business.
- Monitoring – Measuring and reporting the key characteristics of your operations to determine energy performance against your energy policy and objectives.
- Improvement – Advising you of actions you can take to continually improve energy performance and your energy strategy.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR YOUR COMPANY?
- Better use of your energy consuming assets.
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions and carbon footprint.
- Reduced energy costs
- Structured approach to managing your energy consumption
- Better informed decisions on implementation of energy efficient technologies
- Improved corporate image and credibility
- Enhanced energy supply security
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NEXT?
Call us to discuss your requirements or arrange a visit from one of our experienced team.
Our organisation presented a number of unique energy management challenges, so Energise’s in-depth understanding of the ISO50001 standard was invaluable in identifying potential weak areas and helping us deal with them effectively
-Dan Fernbank, Energy Manager University of Reading