MANDATORY CARBON REPORTING
Since April 2013, UK companies have been required to report their annual greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Although reducing emissions is not mandatory under this scheme, the benefits to a company’s reputation of being ‘green’ should not be underestimated. By measuring and reporting your GHG emissions, your organisation can set targets and implement carbon management initiatives to reduce long-term output.
THE PROCESS: WHAT WE DELIVER
Through our Mandatory Carbon Reporting Service, we can collate emissions-related data from across your business, including:
- Combustion emissions (eg. boilers burning natural gas)
- Owned, operated or controlled transport (eg. fleet vehicles)
- Compilation of consumption data for annual reports
- Process emissions (eg. waste processing)
- Fugitive emissions (eg. refrigeration leaks recorded in your F-Gas register)
- Consumption of purchased electricity, heat, steam and/or cooling
- Purchased materials and fuels
- Transport-related activities
- Waste disposal
- Leased assets, franchising and outsourcing
- Sold goods and services
As part of our proactive service, we will also regularly review events which will alter your emissions, compile your annual reports and assist your financial auditors in assessing the reporting information.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR YOUR COMPANY?
- Impartial, specialist advice from a team of experts tailored to your requirements
- Hassle-free collation of emissions data
- Independent compilation of mandatory annual GHG reports
- Assistance with development of carbon reduction strategies
- Improved reputation through demonstration of ‘green credentials’
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NEXT?
Call us to discuss your requirements or arrange a visit from one of our experienced team. We can talk you through our tailored service, fitting the MCR process to your needs and requirements.